Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thinner Lines & Eyes

With issue #2 in the works, I'm noticing some changes in my artwork already. When I read a graphic novel, I'm constantly looking at the art for ideas that might make my work better. With issue #1 I wanted it to have a dark look with a certain style in mind. This time around that style is shifting. Don't worry, it still looks the same, I'm just doing some tweeking to my characters. For starters, eyes! I blacked out 95% of the eyes in the first issue, but now...they can see! Along with eyes, my characters now have shoulders. Mix Gabriel Ba with Guy Davis and you have me. If you haven't seen either of their works, go now and look.  fabioandgabriel.blogspot.com
www.guydavisartworks.com
Also, I'm using a thinner pen this time. It's all a work in progress, so who knows how much my work will change through the years. I'm all about making things easier! I'll throw up a picture soon so you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment